by Lillian Csernica on April 10, 2014
When most of us hear the word “inhaler,” we probably think about people with asthma who use maintenance and rescue inhalers that provide Ventolin and Albuterol, among other medications. I have asthma, and I use such inhalers. This being true, it came as quite a shock to me to discover there’s another kind of inhaler out there.
Le Whif Breathable Chocolate
- Special inhaler allows you to taste coffee and chocolate without eating
- Available in 3 packs of coffee or chocolate. (Chocolate 3 pack includes 1 each of raspberry, mint and milk chocolate)
- Tube is 100% biodegradable
- Each Whif contains 300mg of chocolate, 40-80mg per inhalation (less than 1 calorie)
- Great for dieters and possibly smokers who prefer chocolate flavor .
- No, it won’t go into your lungs. The particles will fall deliciously on your tongue.
- Coffee and Chocolate Whifs available
- Chocolate Whif ingredients: Organic cane sugar, organic cocoa solids, organic vanilla, natural flavors. May contain traces of soy, wheat, gluten (raspberry whif), and wheat, gluten (mint whif).
- Coffee Whif ingredients: Powdered sugar (sugar, corn starch), sugar, spray dried coffee powder, natural and artificial flavor, caffeine. Contains 18mg caffeine per serving.
If all this wasn’t mind-blowing enough, there is yet another way to get your chocolate fix. In the tradition of more powerful recreational stimulants, there is a nasal inhalant system:
This would seem to be the fashion world’s attempt to have their candy and eat it too, without the calories. The nasal delivery system operates on the principle that the sense of taste is mainly the sense of smell anyway, so by engaging the sense of smell one gets the majority of the pleasure with a minimum of calories.
Fascinating, yes, but a key part of the chocolate experience is the texture, the creaminess, the sense of the chocolate melting across one’s tongue. When I was working the Northern Ren Faire near San Francisco, I bought a fancy chocolate truffle, approached the young man who would later become my husband, and invited him to meet me in the middle. You haven’t lived until you’ve kissed your current flame through a mouthful of top quality chocolate!