by Lillian Csernica on March 13, 2013
I just discovered Leanne Shirtliffe–Ironic Mom. Great observations on the daily absurdities that go along with being a parent. One of her posts called for suggestions to The Flippant Parent’s Guide to Optimism. Here, then, are my suggestions:
You know you’re an optimist if….
1) You take your kids to an event that involves hot glue guns.
2) You believe that at some point you’ll get through your insurance company’s voicemail and talk to a real human being.
3) You dream of getting your kids to eat the RDA of vegetables in a single day.
4) You board a school bus wearing anything other than a HazMat suit.
5) You keep insisting your mother and your kids don’t conspire against you.